- 500g small boneless leg of lamb, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- Cooking oil spray
- 4 potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 400g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 320g sugar snap peas, steamed, to serve
- For the mint sauce
- 125ml cider vinegar
- 50g caster sugar
- 25g fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Using the point of a sharp knife, make small deep cuts over the lamb, then push a slice of garlic and some rosemary into each slit. Spray with a little oil, then put the lamb on a rack in a roasting dish and cook on the middle oven shelf for 50 min for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- Ater 5 min of the lamb cooking time, put the potatoes, squash and carrots into another roasting dish. Spray with a little oil, then cook on the bottom shelf for 1 hr or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the mint sauce: put the vinegar and sugar in a small pan. Stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 8 min or until it thickens slightly. Remove from the heat, stir in the mint, then pour into a jug and leave to cool.
- Lift the cooked lamb on to a carving board and cover with foil. Rest for 15 min, then slice and divide among 4 plates. Serve with the roasted veg and the sugar snap peas, drizzled with the mint sauce.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
434 30.6g 8.6g 3g 8.5g 25.6g 0.2g 133mg 61g 4.2mg