- Cooking oil spray
- 4 filo pastry sheets
- 200g asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths
- 200g frozen peas
- 300g silken tofu, drained
- 5 eggs
- 1 large courgette, grated and moisture squeezed out
- 100g roasted red peppers from a jar (in water), drained, patted dry and diced
- 4 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- 70g reduced fat feta, crumbled
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 125g mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Grease a 23cm diameter loose-bottom tart tin with spray oil.
- Spray each filo sheet with a light coating of oil, then fold in half. Layer the folded filo in the prepared tin, evenly covering the base and sides, to make a case. Put the tin on a baking sheet.
- Blanch the asparagus and peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 min or until just tender. Drain, refresh under cold water, then drain again.
- Blend the tofu with the eggs until smooth. Season with ground black pepper, then transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the blanched asparagus and peas, grated courgette, red pepper, spring onions, feta and mint.
- Pour the egg mixture into the quiche case, distributing the feta and vegetables evenly. Bake for 30–35 min until the filling is set.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 min, then transfer to a serving plate. Cut the quiche into slices and serve hot or cold, with the salad.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
390kcal 28.3g 14.5g 4.7g 7.7g 8.9g 1.6g 304mg 38.4g 5.1mg