- Cooking oil spray
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g baby spinach
- Leftover roast squash (or see cook’s tip)
- 125g ricotta
- 500g jar low-fat tomato pasta sauce
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets
- 2tbsp finely grated parmesan
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 min until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring now and then, for 5 min or until soft. Add the garlic and two-thirds of the spinach and cook, stirring, for a further 2 min. Leave to cool.
- Put the cooled mixture in a medium bowl with the roasted squash and the ricotta and stir to combine.
- If the pasta sauce has lumps in it, whiz with a stick blender until smooth. Spoon half over the base of a 2 litre baking dish.
- Cut the lasagne sheets in half widthways. Spoon an eighth of the filling along the centre of each and roll to enclose the filling. Put the 8 cannelloni, seam-side down, in the baking dish. Cover with the remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with the parmesan, then bake for 25 min or until cooked.
- Serve 2 cannelloni per person, with some sauce and the remaining spinach on the side.
COOK’s TIP Peel and deseed 600g squash, then put the flesh into a roasting tin lined with baking paper. Spray with oil and roast at 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 for 30 min or until tender.