- 1.75kg butternut squash, peeled and seeds removed, roughly chopped
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 500ml hot reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 50g reduced-fat mature cheddar, grated
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- 2tbsp roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 4tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put the butternut squash on the prepared tray and spray with oil. Roast for 30 min or until tender and golden. Set aside a third of the roasted squash to cool, then store in an airtight container in the fridge to use for another meal.
- Meanwhile, set a large pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add the leek and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min more. Add the potatoes and stock, then cover and simmer for 15 min or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the remaining two-thirds of roasted squash to the pan and simmer for a further 5 min, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth, then warm over a medium heat.
- While the soup is warming, make the toasts. Heat the grill to high. Sprinkle the cheese over the bread, then grill until the toast is golden and the cheese melted. Scatter with the nuts.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls, add a dollop of yogurt and a grind of black pepper to each, then serve with the cheesy toasts alongside.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
454 19.6g 11.3g 2.5g 9.8g 16.1g 2.2g 389mg 73.1g 3.5mg