- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 400g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Cooking oil spray
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300g fusilli pasta
- 350g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 4cm lengths
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1tsp sugar
- 4tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Add the onion, sweet potatoes and garlic to the tray and spray with oil. Bake for 20 min or until tender and golden. Add the tomatoes to the tray and cook for a further 8–10 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water according to the pack instructions. Add the asparagus for the last 2 min of the cooking time, then drain everything and return to the pan.
- Add the roasted veg, lemon juice, sugar, parsley and olive oil to the pasta and squeeze in the roasted garlic (discard the skins). Season with black pepper, mix well, then divide among 4 bowls to serve.
Cook’s tip: It’s a myth that adding salt to the water when boiling pasta (or veg for that matter) speeds up the cooking process. Remember, too much salt is bad for our blood pressure and heart health.