- 500g small cauliflower florets
- 500g skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking oil spray
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g arborio rice
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 litre hot reduced-salt chicken stock
- 100g rocket
- 4tbsp grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the cauliflower and chicken in a large ovenproof dish and spray with oil. Roast for 20–25 min until the cauliflower is tender and slightly browned, and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the shallot and garlic and gently cook until the shallot softens. Add the rice and stir to coat, then cook for 2 min more. Add the courgette, then add the stock, a splash at a time, stirring until all the liquid is absorbed before adding more.
- When all the stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente (around 15–20 min), remove from the heat and stir through the rocket. Thinly slice the chicken and add it to the pan with the cauliflower.
- Divide the risotto among 4 bowls, then serve sprinkled with parmesan and ground black pepper.
For more creamy risotto goodness, try one of our best risotto recipes.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
460 43.5g 9.8g 2.8g 5.3g 6.2g 1.8g 168mg 52.3g 3.1mg