- 1tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- Zest 1 lemon
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 large fennel bulb, shredded
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 100ml very low salt chicken stock
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 x 200g sweet potatoes
- 350g green beans
- 100g baby spinach
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Combine the fennel seeds, lemon zest, chilli and garlic in a bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat in the spice mixture.
- Put the shredded fennel in a medium baking dish and drizzle with the oil. Top with the coated chicken, then add the stock to the dish. Bake for 1 hr or until the chicken is cooked and the fennel is tender (cover with foil if the chicken browns too quickly). Add the cherry tomatoes to the dish for the last 15 min of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Scrub the sweet potatoes and pat dry with kitchen paper, then prick all over with a fork. Put them in the prepared tray and bake for 40–45 min, turning halfway through, until soft when pierced with a skewer.
- When the chicken and sweet potatoes are almost done, steam the beans and wilt the spinach.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half, then serve with the chicken and fennel, green beans and spinach.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
335kcal 9.8g 7.3g 1.6g 11.4g 8.4g 0.5g 104mg 49.9g 4.1mg