- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, quartered
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 garlic bulb, unpeeled
- 2tsp clear honey
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 300g wholewheat penne
- 250g cooked skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh basil, chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 50g rocket
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 30g fresh parmesan, grated
- 2tbsp walnuts or almonds, roughly chopped
- Chilli flakes (optional), to sprinkle
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/ gas 6. Put the peppers, tomatoes, chilli and onion in a large ovenproof dish, then spray with oil. Break the garlic into cloves and put on a sheet of foil, then spray with oil and wrap up to form a parcel. Roast both for 30 min, turning the veg once. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 min.
- Put half the roasted pepper mix in a blender, and whiz to make a chunky sauce. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the honey, vinegar and 4tbsp water.
- Cook the penne in unsalted water according to the pack instructions until al dente. Drain, leaving 4tbsp of the cooking water in the pan. Set the pan over a low heat, then add the puréed sauce and remaining roasted vegetables. Squeeze the roasted garlic flesh from the cloves into the pan, then toss everything together and heat through. Add the chicken, mushrooms, basil, rocket and oil. Stir through for 1 min.
- Top with the parmesan and nuts, then sprinkle with chilli flakes (if using) and the basil leaves.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
548kcal 35.4g 18g 3.9g 13.4g 15g 0.3g 180mg 65g 4.2mg