Roasted maple squash burritos with red slaw
Maple syrup and roasted squash is a match made in heaven owing to their natural sticky sweetness. Fill warm tortillas with zesty lentils, creamy avocado and the sweet squash mix for a winning vegan dinner
Prep Time 15 min
Cooking Time 40 minHealthy Food Guide
- 500g squash, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1tbsp maple syrup, plus extra 1tsp
- 1tsp paprika
- Spray olive oil
- 200g shredded red cabbage
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, drained
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tbsp lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- 2tsp olive oil
- 4 large wholegrain tortillas, warmed
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- 1½tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Put the squash, 1tbsp maple syrup and paprika in a large bowl and toss to combine, then transfer to the prepared tray. Lightly spray with olive oil and bake for 40 min or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl combine the cabbage, lentils, coriander, lime juice, 2tsp olive oil and extra 1tsp maple syrup. Toss together and season with ground black pepper.
- Top each tortilla with a quarter of the mashed avocado, slaw and roasted squash and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Fold up and serve with the lime wedges.