- 4tsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 750g butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 8 small field mushrooms
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 200g kale, trimmed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tbsp mirin
- 2tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Combine 2tsp sesame oil, 1tbsp soy sauce and 1 garlic clove in a large bowl. Add the squash, then the mushrooms and toss to coat. Put the squash on one of the prepared trays and roast for 35 min or until golden and tender. Add the cherry tomatoes and beans to the tray for the last 15 min of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, put the mushrooms on the second tray. Roast for 20–25 min until golden and tender.
- Put 1tsp sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan and set over a medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and cook, stirring, for 20 sec. Add the kale and cook, stirring, for 2 min, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Combine the remaining sesame oil and soy sauce with the chopped chilli and mirin in a small bowl.
- To serve, put the kale on a serving platter and top with the squash, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and sprinkle with the sesame seeds to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
252 10g 7.4g 1.1g 10g 15g 0.7g 191mg 30g 4.1g