- Sunflower oil spray, to grease
- 320g pack reduced-fat shortcrust pastry sheet
- 250g asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 375g ricotta
- 2tbsp finely grated vegetarian parmesan-style cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 40g pitted black olives, chopped
- 200g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 1tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 50g baby rocket, plus extra to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lightly spray an 11x31cm (approx) loose-based fluted tart tin with oil. Line the tin with the pastry sheet, then trim the edges and discard the excess pastry. Prick the base all over with a fork, then put the tin in the fridge for 15 min so the pastry can rest.
- Remove the tin from the fridge, then cover the pastry with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Bake for 10 min, then remove the paper and beans/rice. Return the tin to the oven for 8–10 min more until the pastry is golden.
- Meanwhile, steam the asparagus for 2 min or until half cooked. Put in a colander and refresh with cold water.
- Combine the ricotta, grated cheese, egg, garlic, chives and olives in a medium bowl. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the baked pastry base. Arrange the asparagus on top, then add the halved tomatoes and pumpkin seeds. Return to the oven for 15–20 min until the tomatoes soften.
- Sprinkle the tart with the rocket, then serve with extra on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
326kcal 13.6g 19.4g 8.7g 2.7g 3.6g 0.6g 227mg 22.9g 1.3mg