- 400g peeled butternut squash, coarsely grated
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1½tsp finely crushed fennel seeds
- 5 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice, plus lemon
wedges, to serve
- 125g finely shredded red cabbage
- 100g baby salad leaves ½ cucumber, thinly sliced and halved
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 5tbsp mint leaves
- Put the squash, rosemary, fennel seeds and 1tsp black pepper in a medium bowl. Lightly beat 1 egg, add to the bowl and combine everything.
- Heat 2tsp olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cooking in batches, spoon roughly one-eighth portions of squash batter into the pan, then flatten to roughly form 8 x 8–10cm round rosti. Cook for 5–6 min, then carefully flip and cook for a further 2–3 min until golden, adding another 1tsp oil if needed.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat 2tsp oil and fry 4 eggs to your liking.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the lemon juice and 1tbsp oil. Add the red cabbage, salad leaves, cucumber, avocado and mint. Toss to coat. Divide the salad and rosti among 4 plates, top each with an egg, season with pepper and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
268 11.2g 18.2g 3.7g 6.1g 6.9g 0.3g 159mg 11.8g 3.3mg