- 1.5kg small or medium maris piper potatoes, scrubbed, halved or quartered
- 3tbsp extra-virgin rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 15–18 min until almost tender.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Drain the potatoes, return to the pan and partially crush using a potato masher, leaving them in large chunky pieces but with some small crumbly bits. Drizzle with the oil and stir. Tip into a large roasting tin (see Double up, below). Spread the potatoes out and season well with freshly ground black pepper, then roast for 20 min.
- Remove from the oven, then add the garlic and chopped rosemary sprigs and toss to combine. Return to the oven to roast for a further 10–15 min until crisp and golden.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
254kcal 5.1g 7.4g 0.5g 4.1g 1.5g 0.5g 16mg 39.8g 1.1mg