- 750g floury potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- Cooking oil spray
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 4 x 125g lean pork cutlets
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 250g granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Rinse the grated potatoes, then dry on a clean tea towel and put them in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl with clingfilm, then microwave on high for 3 min. Stir, re-cover and cook again for 3–4 min. Discard the clingfilm. Leave the potatoes to cool, then form into 4 röstis.
- Put a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat and spray with a little oil. Cook the röstis for 3–4 min until golden, then repeat on the other side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the sunflower oil in another non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the pork for 3–4 min on each side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Using the same pan as the pork, cook the onion and garlic for 2–3 min over a medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, then add the apples and cook for 2–3 min more. Add 100ml water and the vinegar, then simmer for 5–7 min until the apple softens. Season with ground black pepper, then stir in the chopped parsley.
- To serve, divide the röstis among 4 plates, then top each with a pork cutlet and a quarter of the apple mixture.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
336 28.5g 5.2g 1.6g 5.8g 15g 0.3g 28mg 46.4g 1.8mg