- 1tbsp lime juice
- 4–5 drops tabasco
- 4 x 125g skinless salmon fillets
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g pouches ready to heat brown basmati rice
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 small ripe avocados, halved, then thinly sliced lengthways
- For the jalapeño dressing
- 100ml buttermilk
- 2tbsp low-fat soured cream or low-fat yogurt
- 1 pickled jalapeño chilli, chopped
- 2tsp lime juice
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- Tabasco, to taste
- To make the jalapeño dressing: combine the buttermilk, soured cream or yogurt, chilli, lime juice, spring onion and chopped coriander in a large jug or bowl. Blend with a stick blender until smooth and creamy. Season with tabasco, then set aside.
- Combine the lime juice with the 4–5 drops tabasco, then brush the salmon fillets with the mixture. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the salmon for 3–4 min on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer the fish to a plate.
- Heat the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Arrange the rice, tomatoes, kidney beans, spring onions, red pepper, lettuce and avocados in 4 serving bowls. Roughly flake the salmon, then add to the bowls.
- Drizzle over the jalapeño dressing. Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with extra coriander sprigs, then serve with any extra dressing on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
486 25g 23g 4.3g 7.7g 6.5g 0.2g 83mg 39g 2.2mg