- 175g bulgur wheat
- 4 x 150g skinless salmon fillets
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 clementines or mandarins, segmented
- Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2tbsp cider vinegar
- 1tbsp runny honey
- 2tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 beetroot, peeled and grated
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- Bring 750ml water to the boil in a medium pan, then add the bulgur wheat and cook for 1 min. Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the hob for 5 min to dry out the bulgur a little before draining.
- Meanwhile, season the salmon with ground black pepper. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and set it over a high heat, then cook the salmon for 2–3 min on each side or until done to your liking.
- Put the carrots, ginger, onion, clementine or mandarin segments and mint in a large salad bowl. Mix the vinegar, honey and mustard in a separate small bowl, then add to the salad and toss to coat. Toss in the beetroot and drained bulgur.
- Serve the salad with the salmon, garnished with coriander, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
577kcal 37.7g 24.8g 4.4g 9.1g 18.6g 0.6g 95mg 53.7g 2.4mg