- 275g wholemeal penne
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 250g baby spinach
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 x 170g skinless salmon fillets, cut into 2cm chunks
- 25g fresh basil, torn
- Zest and juice 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch dried chilli flakes, to garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pan according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving 200ml of the cooking water, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, set a large non-stick, lidded frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add the garlic and shallots and cook for 1 min. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 1–2 min until wilted. Stir in the tomatoes and half the reserved pasta water.
- Put the salmon fillets on top of the vegetables, then cover the pan and cook for 4–5 min until the salmon is just cooked through. Uncover the pan and flake the salmon into large chunks.
- Add the drained pasta and basil to the pan and gently mix. Thin the sauce with the rest of the reserved pasta water, if necessary.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon zest and juice with the olive oil. Divide the salmon and pasta mixture among 4 plates, then drizzle with the lemony oil. Serve sprinkled with dried chilli flakes to taste, if you like, with a lemon wedge on the side to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
606 47.4g 24.3g 3.9g 8.2g 7.3g 0.8g 199mg 53.2g 5.9mg