- 125ml unsweetened orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 250g skinless salmon fillet
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 150g peas
- 250g couscous
- 125g kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 125g chickpeas in water, drained
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- Lemon zest, to garnish
- Iceburg lettuce leaves, to serve
- Combine 4tbsp of the orange juice with the garlic and half the oil in a non-metallic dish. Add the salmon and turn to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hr.
- Meanwhile, put the stock in a large pan with the peas and boil for 1–2 min. Take off the heat, stir in the couscous, then leave to stand for 5–10 min.
- Set a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the salmon and cook for 3–4 min on each side. Set aside to cool a little, then break the salmon into bite-size chunks (reserve the pan juices).
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Add the kidney beans, chickpeas, spring onions, flaked salmon and pan juices and mix well.
- Combine the remaining orange juice and oil, then mix with the couscous. Scatter with lemon zest and serve with lettuce.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
505 28.1g 14.4g 2.4g 9.4g 5.5g 0.8g 90mg 66g 3mg