- 1tbsp olive oil
- 400g Italian-style pork sausages, cut into 2–3cm slices
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3tbsp tomato purée
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2tsp dried Italian herbs or Moroccan seasoning
- 250g dried cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- 120g baby spinach
- 200g couscous
- Handful fresh chopped parsley or coriander, to garnish
- Heat the slow cooker to high. Using the sauté function, heat the oil, then add the sausages and fennel seeds and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Add the onion, garlic, tomato purée, carrots, celery, bay leaves and herbs and cook, stirring, for 2–3 min. Or use a large non-stick frying pan on the hob, then transfer everything to the slow cooker. Add the beans and tomatoes.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 6–8 hr.
- A few min before serving, cook the couscous according to the pack instructions. Just before serving, stir the spinach through the casserole.
4 Serve on top of the couscous, garnished with parsley or coriander.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
431 22.9g 15.7g 5.7g 16.2g 10.5g 1g 285mg 41.2g 6.1mg