- 275g cherry tomatoes on the vine, snipped into bunches
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 8 small slices wholemeal bread
- 70g bag rocket
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh basil, leaves only
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Put the tomatoes on one of the trays and spray with oil, then roast for 10–12 min until the skins wrinkle.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Dip 4 slices of the bread into the egg mixture, coating them evenly and shaking off the excess. Fry the bread for 1–2 min on each side until crisp and golden, then transfer to the remaining prepared baking tray and keep warm in the oven.
- Spray the pan with oil, then repeat the process with the remaining bread slices dipped into the egg mixture.
- Toss the rocket, basil and avocado together in a salad bowl. Cut each slice of French toast in half diagonally and serve with the tomatoes and salad, with a grinding of black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
275 13.1g 14.3g 3.3g 6.4g 4.7g 0.8g 166mg 25g 2.9mg