- 150g short grain brown rice, rinsed
- 80g quinoa, rinsed
- 4tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2tsp sugar
- 2tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 150g frozen soya beans, thawed
- 2 carrots, julienned or peeled into ribbons
- 150g very fresh salmon
- 150g very fresh tuna
- 25g pickled ginger and 2tsp wasabi paste,
- Put the rice and quinoa in a medium pan and cover with 500ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer over a very low heat for 25 min or until the water is absorbed and the rice and quinoa are tender.
- Mix the vinegar and sugar together in a small bowl, then pour over the cooked rice and quinoa mixture and stir to combine. Set aside to cool, then stir through the toasted sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile, steam the soya beans for 2 min or until just tender, then set aside to cool. Transfer to a serving bowl with the carrots, reserving a few beans to garnish.
- Slice the salmon and tuna into 0.5cm thick slices. Divide the rice mixture among 4 serving bowls, then arrange the fish slices on top and scatter over the reserved soya beans. Serve with the carrot and soya bean mixture, the pickled ginger and wasabi paste.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
456 27.3g 14.7g 2.8g 6g 8.3g 2.2g 96mg 55.8g 3.7mg