- 50g dried breadcrumbs
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets (about 200g each)
- 2tsp plain flour
- Cooking oil spray
- 500g sweet potatoes, thickly sliced
- 300g broccoli florets
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- 100g low-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ small bunch of fresh chives, snipped into 2.5cm lengths
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6 and line a large baking tray with baking paper. In a medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Halve the chicken breasts to give 4 pieces. Flatten each piece to a ½cm thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dust the chicken pieces on both sides with the flour, then season with ground black pepper. Dip each piece into the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture, to coat evenly. Spray the chicken on both sides with a little oil, then transfer to the baking tray and cook for 15 min, turning once, or until golden and cooked.
- Meanwhile, steam the sweet potatoes for 12–15 min and the broccoli for 4–5 min until tender.
- To make the coleslaw, combine the mustard, sugar and yogurt in a large bowl, then add the cabbage and chives and toss. Serve the schnitzel, sprinkled with ground black pepper, with the sweet potatoes, broccoli, coleslaw and lemon wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
373 37.5g 7.8g 2.7g 8.8g 12.3g 0.8g 230mg 40.7g 3.6mg