- 2tsp olive oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 175g red lentils, rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50g currants
- 375ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 3 courgettes, grated
- 25g chopped fresh coriander
- 350g white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g peeled raw prawns
- Cooking oil spray
- 350g asparagus
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 8 skewers, soaked in cold water if wooden
- Heat half the olive oil in a large pan. Cook the onions and celery over a low heat for 5 min. Add the cumin and cook for 1 min. Stir in the lentils and lemon juice for 1–2 min until the liquid is gone. Add the currants and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10–15 min until all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool, then add the courgettes and coriander.
- Meanwhile, preheat the barbecue. Thread the fish and prawns on to 8 skewers, spray with a little oil, then cook with the asparagus for 6 min or until the fish is cooked through. Sprinkle with black pepper, then serve with the lentil salad and lemon wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
352kcal 39.5g 5.3g 0.9g 7.3g 14.6g 0.9g 155mg 39.2g 7mg