- Cooking oil spray
- 2 x 200g lean lamb neck fillets
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar, plus extra to drizzle
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 500g frozen peas, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 500g new potatoes, boiled, and 100g baby spinach, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6. Spray a large frying pan with a little oil and put over a high heat. Sear the lamb for 4–5 min, turning, until browned all over. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 8–10 min (depending on the thickness of the fillets). Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 min.
- When the lamb has been cooking for 5 min, line a baking sheet with baking paper and put the tomatoes, cut side up, on it. Drizzle with the 2tbsp balsamic vinegar and season with ground black pepper, then roast for 10 min or until soft. Sprinkle with half the mint.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas and garlic in a large lidded saucepan with 3tbsp water for 3 min or until the peas are bright green and tender. Drain well and blend in a food processor. Add the oil, lemon zest and juice and the remaining mint. Blend a little more, leaving some texture.
- Cut the lamb into 1cm thick slices. Divide the slices, the meat juices, the pea mash and the tomatoes among serving plates. Drizzle each serving with the extra balsamic vinegar, then serve with the potatoes and spinach.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
447 31.4g 17.9g 7.5g 11.2g 9.4g 0.3g 102mg 42.4g 6.6mg