For the base
- 40g rolled oats
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 125g sultanas
- 40g ground almonds
- 60g desiccated coconut
For the filling
- 6 large ripe bananas (525g peeled weight)
- 200g strawberries, hulled, plus 350g extra to serve
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- Line a deep 20cm diameter cake tin with clingfilm, allowing it to overhang the sides.
- Put the oats in a food processor and blitz to make crumbs. Add the dates and sultanas and whiz until finely chopped. Add the ground almonds and coconut and whiz to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and flatten out to create the base.
- Put the bananas, strawberries and vanilla seeds in a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour over the base, smooth the surface, then freeze for 2 hr.
- Gently remove the cake from the tin, using the clingfilm to pull it out, and transfer to a serving plate or cake stand. Pile the strawberries on top, then serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
194kcal 3.2g 6.7g 3.5g 5.4g 28.2g 0g 38mg 32.3g 1.2mg