- 175g basmati rice
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 300g skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 150g mangetout, shredded
- 150g pak choi, leaves and stems, chopped
- 250g block firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 4tbsp plum sauce
- 1tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook the basmati rice in a large saucepan according to the pack instructions, then drain, set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 5–6 min until golden and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan set over a medium heat. Add the shallots, ginger and garlic and cook for 1 min or until fragrant. Increase the heat to high. Add the carrots, mangetout and pak choi to the pan with 2tbsp water and stir-fry for 2–3 min until the vegetables are just tender. Roughly shred the chicken, then add to the vegetables and toss through.
- Steam the tofu slices for 2–3 min until warm, then divide among 4 plates and top with the chicken and vegetable mixture. Drizzle with the plum and soy sauces, sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve with the basmati rice.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
409 30.1g 8.6g 1.6g 5g 14.8g 1g 164mg 52.5g 3mg