- 300g firm tofu
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 2tsp black sesame seeds
- Spray cooking oil
- 80g sugar snap peas, trimmed and sliced in half lengthways
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 250g pack ready to heat brown basmati rice
- Flesh 1 mango, cut into 1cm cubes
- For the dressing
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Juice ½ lime (see tip)
- 1tbsp tamari
- 2tsp maple syrup
- Drain the tofu, then carefully pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the tofu into 1cm cubes.
- Pour half the sesame oil into a medium non-stick pan set over a medium-high heat, then add the tofu cubes and cook for 10 min, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Sprinkle with the black sesame seeds and turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium non-stick frying pan or wok with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the sugar snaps and spring onions. Cook for 2 min, then stir in the brown rice with 1tbsp cold water and cook for a further 5 min until heated through.
- To make the dressing, mix together half the chilli, the grated ginger, lime juice, remaining sesame oil, tamari and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Stir the mango mixture and half the dressing through the rice, then spoon the mixture into 2 warmed bowls and top with the sesame tofu. Sprinkle over the remaining red chilli and drizzle over the remaining dressing to serve.
TIP: Cut the remaining ½ lime into wedges and serve with the dish to squeeze over.
This dish is part of the Mindful Chef recipe box scheme, which offers healthy recipes like this one in its weekly home-delivered boxes. Order at mindfulchef.com