- 200g small pasta shells
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 350g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2tbsp low-fat spread
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 450ml skimmed milk
- 30g parmesan, grated
- Cooking oil spray
- 400g mixed cooked seafood, or 2 x 200g tins crabmeat, drained
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Mixed leaves, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then gently fry the onion for 2 min. Add the mushrooms and fry for 5 min or until the liquid is reduced. Add the asparagus and fry for 3 min. Set aside.
- Melt the spread in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the flour with a pinch of white pepper and cook for 1 min. Raise the heat to medium, then gradually pour in the milk, stirring. Simmer and stir until the sauce is smooth and thickened. Add half the parmesan and stir until melted.
- Spray an ovenproof dish with oil. Spread a third of the veg over the base, then top with all the seafood or crab, then the pasta. Add most of the remaining veg, then drizzle over a little of the white sauce. Top with the rest of the veg, sauce and parmesan. Bake on the top oven shelf for 20–25 min. Garnish with parsley and serve with salad leaves.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
499 35.7g 13.7g 3.7g 7.4g 10.9g 1.4g 351mg 62.1g 5.1mg