- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 600g lean lamb mince
- 300g passata
- 150ml very low salt beef stock
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 small swede (about 450g), peeled and diced
- 375g carrots, sliced
- 150g frozen peas
- 25g parmesan, grated
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Heat a large non-stick pan set over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add the onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and celery and cook for 6–8 min until soft. Add the mince and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for 5 min or until browned. Add the passata, stock, mustard and worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 25 min.
- While the filling is cooking, add the swede and carrots to a large saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 min or until soft. Drain, then return to the pan and turn off the heat. Using a stick blender, blitz the vegetables into a purée, then season with black pepper.
- Stir the peas into the filling, then spoon the mixture into 4 x 450ml pie dishes or 1 x 1.75–2 litre baking dish. Cover evenly with the swede and carrot topping, then scatter with the parmesan and spray with oil. Bake for 20 min or until the topping is golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 min before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
415 35.5g 18.8g 9.1g 10.7g 22g 1.1g 233mg 27.4g 4.5mg