For the salad:
- 160g baby kale
- 1 small fennel
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 2 unwaxed lemons
- 100ml light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 large avocado (or 2 small), sliced
- 2x 100g packs Sainsbury’s Orkney crab (mixed)
- 1/2 loaf Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Dark Rye and Sunflower Seed Sourdough, or similar
- Extra dill leaves and lemon (optional)
- Start by placing the baby kale leaves in a mixing bowl, and on a chopping board either slice the fennel very thinly or carefully shave it using a mandolin.
- In another bowl place the dill, juice and zest of the lemons along with the oil and mix together. Season with black pepper and use the dressing to massage the kale and fennel until covered in a layer of dill dressing. Keep massaging the greens for a few minutes to help break down the kale. Cover and set aside for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the rye bread and grill or toast until completely crisp. Scatter the dressed kale and fennel equally across 4 plates, then top with the avocado. Sprinkle the crab over the top and break up some of the rye melbas on top, serving with a lemon quarter, a little extra black pepper and a few dill leaves as garnish if you wish.
- Variations: You could swap the fennel for thinly sliced cucumber and add some pickled beetroot or pomegranate seeds for extra colour. Alternatives to the sourdough could be regular melba toasts
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
542 16.8g 40.6g 6.4g 7.3g 3.2g 1g 272mg 27.7g 3.2mg