- 3 eggs
- 175g soft light brown muscovado sugar
- 150g beetroot, peeled and finely grated
- 175g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 1tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 100g plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together for 10 min to make a light and fluffy batter that’s grown in volume. Gently stir in the beetroot.
- Sift over the flour, cocoa and baking powders, then carefully fold into the mixture. Fold in the yogurt, vanilla bean paste and chopped chocolate.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases until they’re three-quarters full, then bake for 15–20 min.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the tray. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
196 5.3g 6.5g 3.3g 2.5g 19.4g 0.4g 96mg 31.6g 1.6mg