- Cooking oil spray
- 500g skinless chicken breast, diced
- 100g smoked bacon medallions, sliced
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1kg potatoes, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 425ml skimmed milk
- 100ml strong reduced-salt chicken stock (use a whole stock cube)
- 1tbsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Heat a little spray oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for a few min until sealed. Add the bacon, leek, garlic and thyme and cook for a further 4–5 min.
- Layer a third of the potatoes in the base of a slow cooker or lidded casserole. Top with half the carrots, then half the chicken mixture. Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Mix the cornflour with a little of the milk in a jug to form a paste, then mix in the remaining milk with the stock and mustard. Pour the mixture evenly over the potatoes and press down, then cook on high for 3 hr 30 min, or put the lidded casserole in a preheated oven for 4 hr at 140°C/fan 120°C/gas 1.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the bake, then cook for a further 15 min. Serve topped with chopped parsley and a grind of black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
360 36.7g 5.7g 2.4g 5.7g 9.5g 1.4g 219mg 42.9g 2mg