- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 600g lean braising steak, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1tbsp garam masala
- 350g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 very low salt beef stock
- cube dissolved in 350ml boiling water
- 150g baby spinach
- 300g steamed snow peas and green beans, plus 2 warmed naan breads, halved, to serve
- Heat the oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas 2. In a large ovenproof pan, heat 1tsp of the oil over a high heat. Add half the beef and cook, stirring, for 2–3 min until browned. Transfer the beef to a bowl. Repeat with another 1tsp oil and remaining beef.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and reduce the heat to medium. Sauté the onion for 5 min until softened. Add the garlic, chillies, ginger and garam masala, then cook, stirring, for 2 min or until fragrant. Return the beef to the pan with the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Cover the pan, then transfer to the oven and bake for 2 hr 15 min or until the beef is very tender.
- Remove from the oven and stir through the spinach. Serve the saag with the steamed veg and naan bread.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
473 42g 16g 4.6g 7.6g 11g 0.8g 228mg 34g 7.1mg