- Cooking oil spray
- 350g pork tenderloin, diced
- 30g chorizo, diced
- 250ml cider
- 1tsp reduced-salt chicken stock powder
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 2tbsp flour
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp chopped fresh or 1tsp dried sage
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 200g cabbage, shredded
- 3 apples, quartered and cored
- 100ml half-fat soured cream
- Fresh parsley sprigs, to garnish
- 4 crusty wholegrain rolls, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat for a few min. Cook the pork, in batches if necessary, until browned, then transfer to a slow cooker.
- Wipe the frying pan, then cook the chorizo until crisp. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the cider, chicken stock powder and 350ml water to the pan and bring to a boil, then add to the slow cooker.
- Add the onions, paprika, flour, garlic, sage and potato to the slow cooker and stir. Cook on high for 3 hr (or in a lidded casserole in an oven heated to 160°C/fan 140ºC/gas 3) or on low for 6 hr.
- Stir the cabbage and apples into the pork mixture and cook for a further 30 min. Set aside for 10 min, then stir in the soured cream.
- Divide among 4 bowls, scatter with parsley and a grind of black pepper, then serve with the bread rolls.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
448 30.7g 9.9g 3.8g 8.4g 19.6g 1.3g 156mg 58.3g 3.7mg