- 100g soft goat’s cheese (we used Chavroux)
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 125g spring greens, stalks removed and discarded, leaves shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 500g floury potatoes, roughly chopped, steamed, then chilled overnight
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3tbsp plain flour, plus extra to dust
- Spray olive oil
- 200g smoked salmon, torn
- Put the goat’s cheese, chives and parsley in a small bowl and stir to combine. Cover with clingfilm and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Put the greens, spring onions and peas in a pan with 1tbsp water and cook for 2–3 min over a medium heat until tender.
- Put the cooked potato in a large bowl and mash roughly, then stir through the egg and vegetables. Fold in the 3tbsp flour, then divide the mixture into 8, forming into patties using lightly floured hands.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Lightly dust both sides of the patties with flour, then cook, in batches if necessary, over a low–medium heat for 3–4 min on each side until golden.
- Serve the warm fritters topped with smoked salmon pieces and a spoonful of herby goat’s cheese.
Recipe extracted from The CSIRO Healthy Gut Diet by Dr Tony Bird, Dr Michael Conlon and Pennie Taylor (Macmillan Australia).
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
372 24g 13g 6g 5g 3.8g 1.9g 148mg 35g 2.8mg