- 250g penne
- 30g low-fat spread
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 500ml skimmed milk
- 40g parmesan, finely grated
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large leeks, trimmed and halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 125g baby spinach
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 250g hot smoked salmon, skin removed and flesh roughly flaked
- Cook the penne according to the pack instructions, then drain and return to the pan. Cover the pan to keep the pasta warm and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the low-fat spread in a small saucepan set over a low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 min, or until the mixture starts to bubble. Whisk the milk gradually into the mixture. Simmer for 4–5 min, stirring continuously, until the sauce is thick and smooth. Stir half the parmesan into the sauce, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and spray a 2 litre ovenproof, freezerproof and microwave-safe dish with oil. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the garlic and leeks to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 min until tender. Stir the spinach into the mixture and toss over a low heat until the leaves wilt.
- Stir the cheese sauce, leek mixture, tomatoes and dill into the cooked pasta. Add the salmon, toss and season with ground black pepper. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and scatter with the remaining parmesan. Bake for 15–20 min until golden.
Don’t forget to check out more of our tasty pasta recipes!
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
512kcal 35.5g 13.7g 4.3g 9g 13.8g 1.8g 372mg 66.1g 4mg