- 400g lean rump steak, thinly sliced
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 390g tin chilli-flavoured baked beans
- 1tsp hot chilli powder or flakes
- 2 x 240g packs mixed rice and quinoa, such as Seeds of Change, to serve
For the guacamole
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Juice 1 lime
- Put the sliced steak and the paprika in a mixing bowl and stir until the meat is well coated.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper and courgette and stir-fry for 5 min or until softened. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil, then add the steak and cook for 3–4 min until browned. Return the veg to the pan, then add the tomatoes, baked beans and chilli powder or flakes. Bring to a simmer, then cook for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole. Combine the avocado, chopped coriander and the lime juice in a small bowl.
- Heat the mixed rice and quinoa according to the pack instructions, then divide among 4 bowls. Top with the chilli beef and a dollop of the guacamole, then serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Nutrition per serving
576 35.5g 18.8g 3.9g 11.4g 14.9g 1.2g 116mg 64.9g 6.9mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.