- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g lean lamb leg steaks (thickly cut, if possible)
- 1 aubergine, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 2 peppers, deseeded and cut lengthways into thick strips
- 250g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Spray olive oil
- 2 large wholemeal khobez wraps, halved
- Lemon wedges, to serve
For the mint chimichurri
- 25g bunch fresh mint, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 2tbsp white balsamic vinegar (or 2tbsp white wine vinegar plus 1tsp honey)
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the paprika, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and 1tbsp olive oil in a shallow ceramic dish. Season with black pepper, add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and put in the fridge to marinate for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the chimichurri in a small food processor and season with black pepper. Whiz until finely chopped, then set aside.
- Heat the barbecue hotplate or set a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Spray the lamb, aubergine, onions, peppers and cherry tomatoes with olive oil. Barbecue or griddle the lamb for 3–4 min on each side until almost cooked through, then transfer to a plate, cover and set aside to keep warm. Barbecue or griddle the aubergine, onions, peppers and tomatoes for 4–5 min on each side until tender, then transfer to a plate to keep warm. Spray the wraps with oil and barbecue or griddle to heat.
- Slice the lamb and pile on to the halved wraps with the vegetables. Add a drizzle of the chimichurri and a squeeze of lemon, then garnish with the extra mint leaves to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
478 32g 22g 6.2g 6.6g 14g 0.3g 75mg 34g 4.4mg