- 4 x 125g middle cut salmon fillets (not tail end)
- 100g dried golden breadcrumbs, such as Paxo
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2tsp chipotle paste or 1tsp smoked paprika
- Zest 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- ½tsp crushed black peppercorns
- Cooking oil spray
- 70g bag salad leaves, to serve
- Half fill a medium saucepan with water and bring it to the boil. Add the salmon fillets, cover with a lid, then wait for 30 sec before turning off the heat. Leave for 4 min, then drain. Return the fillets to the pan and top up with cold water. Leave to cool for 5 min.
- Remove the skin from the salmon. Pat the fillets dry on kitchen paper, then flake into a bowl. Add 2tbsp of the breadcrumbs with the egg and the chipotle paste or paprika. Mix well and chill for 30 min.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and line a baking tray with foil. In a medium bowl mix the remaining breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and peppercorns. Divide the salmon mixture into 8 portions, then roll into balls and roll in the breadcrumb mixture, shaping them into patties.
- Put the fishcakes on the prepared baking tray and spray lightly with oil. Bake for 12–15 min until golden and crisp, then serve with the salad leaves and lemon wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
331 29.5g 16.5g 2.9g 0.9g 1.6g 0.5g 64mg 17.2g 1.4mg