- 1 very low salt chicken stock cube
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 50g spaghetti
- 1 medium courgette, shaved into ribbons
- 50g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 50g lean ham, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tbsp grated parmesan
- 1tbsp shredded fresh basil, plus extra leaves to garnish
- ut the stock cube in a medium pan with 500ml boiling water. Set over a medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Add the garlic clove and spaghetti. Cook for 8–10 min or until al dente. Add the courgette ribbons and cook for a further 30 sec.
- Drain the spaghetti and courgette, reserving ½tbsp of the cooking liquid in a bowl, then return to the pan and set over a low heat. Add the spinach and ham, then stir gently until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Whisk the egg yolk and parmesan with the cooking liquid in the bowl. Add to the pan, stir to combine, then cook for 30 sec. Add the basil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with extra basil.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
413 27g 14g 5.3g 7.9g 4.8g 1.7g 263mg 38g 5.4mg