250g dried spaghetti
2tsp red wine vinegar
3tbsp olive oil
100g rocket leaves
2 garlic cloves, chopped
6 large tomatoes, chopped
100ml white wine
1tsp dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
700g cockles or clams, scrubbed
150g spinach leaves
4tbsp chopped fresh parsley
6tbsp black olives, chopped
Juice 1 lemon
- Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 6tbsp of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and ½tbsp of the oil in a small bowl. Add the rocket and toss to coat.
- Heat 1½tbsp of the remaining oil in a large pan with a lid over a medium heat. Stir in the garlic and tomatoes, then add the wine, chilli flakes, cockles or clams and spinach. Cook, covered, for 4–5 min until the clam or cockle shells have opened. Discard any that haven’t opened. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the drained spaghetti to the seafood and sauce, along with the parsley, capers and olives. Add a little of the reserved pasta water, if needed, to make more sauce. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to 4 bowls and drizzle with the remaining oil. Squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle with the extra chilli flakes and lots of freshly ground black pepper.