- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 batch basic baked beans (see tip)
- 150g spinach, chopped
- 150g kale, stalks removed, torn
- Juice ½ lemon
- 4tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onion, celery and paprika, then cook for 6–7 min until the onion and celery are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, then increase the heat to medium and cook for 5 min or until golden.
- Mix in the baked beans and heat for 15 min, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach, kale and lemon juice, then season with black pepper. Cover and cook for 3 min to wilt the greens. Remove the lid, stir and season with more pepper if needed. Serve the beans scattered with the parsley, if using.
Tip: Prep ahead and make a batch of our basic baked beans without the sage and mixed herbs.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
240kcal 13g 8.9g 1.3g 13.1g 9.8g 0.4g 150mg 28.9g 4.5mg