- Cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½–1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 400g potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 200g pot reduced-sugar-and-salt baked beans
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- ½tsp smoked paprika
- ½tsp ground cumin
- 3tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat the grill to medium. Set a non-stick, ovenproof frying pan on the hob over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add the onion and chilli and cook for 2–3 min until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Spray the pan with more oil. Add the potatoes, in batches, and cook for 3–4 min on each side until soft. Transfer to a plate.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil. Arrange half the potatoes, slightly overlapping, in the base of the pan. Top with half the onion and chilli mixture, then spoon over the baked beans. Top with the remaining potatoes, and remaining onion and chilli mixture. Arrange half the cherry tomatoes on top.
- Whisk the eggs, smoked paprika and cumin in a large bowl with 3tbsp water and season with black pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the potato stack and reduce the heat under the pan to low. As the omelette sets, gently lift the edges to let any raw egg run underneath. Repeat 2–3 times. Cook for 10 min or until almost set, then transfer to the grill for 5 min or until the top is golden and set.
- Scatter the omelette with the remaining cherry tomato halves and the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
457 25.6g 16.2g 4g 10.2g 10.9g 1g 164mg 53.4g 6mg