- 1tsp smoked paprika
- ½tsp dried thyme
- ½tsp dried coriander
- Zest of 1 lemon and 2tbsp juice
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas in water, drained
- 100g rocket
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. In a shallow mixing bowl, combine the paprika, thyme, coriander, lemon zest and lemon juice. Spray the chicken with a little oil, then add to the bowl and turn to coat in the spice mixture. Transfer the chicken to a large baking tray and cook for 30–40 min until golden and cooked through (cover loosely with foil if the chicken colours too quickly).
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Put the whole red pepper on a foil-lined baking sheet and grill for 15–20 min, turning, until charred and soft. Set aside to stand for 10 min or until cool enough to handle. Peel and discard the skin and seeds, then thinly slice the flesh.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, spray a large frying pan with a little oil and set over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 3 min or until softened, then add the chickpeas and pepper and toss. Transfer to a mixing bowl and toss with the rocket. Divide the salad among 4 plates, then serve topped with the chicken and a grinding of black pepper.
Don’t forget, we’ve got plenty of healthy Spanish recipes for you to try.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
350 46.5g 6.4g 1.2g 8.2g 5.4g 0.2g 130mg 26.9g 4mg