- 1 dried chilli
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 40g chorizo, diced
- 800g boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- Cooking oil spray (optional)
- 2 green peppers, cut into chunks
- 350g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1tbsp sweet paprika
- ½tsp ground turmeric
- 2tbsp chopped fresh thyme or oregano, plus extra to garnish
- 3tbsp tomato purée
- 250ml reduced-salt chicken stock
- 175ml white wine
- 175g long-grain rice
- 175g frozen peas, thawed
- 60g green olives, sliced
- Preheat the slow cooker. Soak the dried chilli in boiling water for 10 min to soften, then drain and chop.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan, then add the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5–6 min until softened. Add the chorizo, then cook for 2 min. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 min until browned – spray with oil if needed.
- Put the chicken mixture in the slow cooker. Add the chilli, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, paprika, turmeric and thyme or oregano. Mix the tomato purée with the stock, wine and 125ml water, then add to the slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on high for 3 hr or on low for 5–6 hr.
- About 20 min before the end of the cooking time, cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Drain, then add to the pot with the peas and olives and cook for a further 10 min. Serve garnished with extra herbs.
TIP To make this dairy free, leave out the chorizo.
No slow cooker? Cook on the lowest heat on the hob in a lidded casserole for 2–3 hr.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
402 35.7g 10.3g 2.6g 8g 11.4g 1.2g 81mg 39.4g 3.1mg