- 200g mixed nuts, such as brazils, peanuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts
- 125g stale wholemeal bread, torn into chunks
- 1 celery stick, cut into 4
- 1 onion, cut into 4
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1tbsp each fresh thyme and rosemary
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 6tbsp port
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 300g pack (6 sausages) Linda McCartney frozen sausages, thawed
- Spray olive oil
For the sauce
- 3tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 3tbsp port
- 100g frozen redcurrants, cherries
or mixed berries
- Whiz the nuts and chunks of bread in a food processor to make coarse crumbs, then empty out and set aside. Put the celery, onion, garlic and herbs in the food processor and whiz until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the celery mix and cook over a medium heat for 5 min. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 min. Add the port and the mustard and cook for 2–3 min until the liquid has evaporated, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Mash the veggie sausages with a fork in a large bowl. Add the nut mixture and the cooked veg mixture, season with lots of freshly ground black pepper and stir well until combined.
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper and spray with oil. Spoon in the filling, pressing down. Chill until ready to bake (or freeze).
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Bake the nut roast for 40 min or until deep golden. Leave in the tin for 10 min before turning out.
- While the nut roast is in the oven, make the sauce. Put all the ingredients in a small pan with 3tbsp water. Heat gently for 5–6 min until syrupy.
- Slice the loaf and serve with the sauce and your favourite roasted vegetables.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
453kcal 21.7g 21.7g 3.9g 9.2g 18.7g 1g 89mg 31.8g 2.3mg