- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2tsp chipotle paste
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 flour tortillas
- A few fresh coriander leaves and lime wedges, to garnish
- 1tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 very low salt beef stock cube dissolved in 250ml boiling water
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 min, stirring often, until it’s translucent. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 min until fragrant. Transfer the onion and garlic to a bowl.
- Turn up the heat to high, add the beef to the pan and season with freshly ground black pepper, pressing the meat down with a wooden spoon to brown and breaking it up. When it’s browned all over, return the onion to the pan with the chipotle paste, cocoa and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, for 2–3 min until fragrant, then add the tomatoes, beans and stock.
- Bring the chilli to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25–30 min until it has reduced and thickened.
- Warm the tortillas according to the pack instructions and serve with the chilli, garnished with the coriander and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
467kcal 35g 11g 5.2g 11g 7.8g 1.4g 188mg 48g 5.6mg