- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 2tsp ground cumin
- ½ cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 400g can chickpeas in water, drained and patted dry
- Cooking oil spray
- 2tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 200g quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 very low salt vegetable stock cube mixed with 400ml boiling water
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley or coriander
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6 and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the turmeric and 1tsp of the cumin in a small bowl. Arrange the cauliflower florets, pepper, courgettes and chickpeas in the prepared tray, then sprinkle evenly with the spice mixture. Lightly spray with oil and toss to coat, then roast for 30–35 min until golden and tender. Scatter the pumpkin seeds on to a small baking sheet and roast for the final 6–8 min of the vegetable cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 5 min or until softened. Add the garlic, chilli and the remaining cumin, then cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Add the quinoa and hot stock, then bring to the boil. Cover the pan, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12–15 min until the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is al dente.
- Stir the roasted vegetable mixture through the quinoa mixture along with the parsley or coriander. Season with ground black pepper and scatter with the roasted pumpkin seeds, then serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
423kcal 20g 13g 1.8g 11.9g 9.6g 0.4g 147mg 50g 11.9mg