- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 2tsp sesame seeds
- ¼tsp cinnamon
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 4 x 125g lean sirloin steaks
- Cooking oil spray
- 140g mixed salad leaves
- 250g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the barbecue. Prick each potato with a fork, then microwave for 10–12 min (or cook in an oven heated to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 for 40 min) until almost tender. Wrap each potato in foil, then cook on the barbecue for 20 min, turning often, until tender and crisp (or bake in the oven for an extra 20 min).
- Meanwhile, toast the coriander seeds and sesame seeds in a dry non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for
30 sec or until fragrant. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and pound until finely crushed. Stir in the cinnamon, chilli flakes and cumin.
- Spray the steaks on both sides with oil, then sprinkle all over with the spice mixture. Barbecue the steaks for 2–3 min on each side for medium, or until done to your liking (or cook in a hot non-stick griddle pan on the hob). Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 min.
- While the steaks are resting, toss the salad leaves with the tomatoes, olive oil and vinegar in a bowl.
- Serve the steaks and potatoes with the salad, sprinkled with coriander (if using) and ground black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
400kcal 35.6g 10.5g 3.3g 6.8g 5.9g 0.3g 66mg 44.1g 4.2mg