- 4tbsp sunflower oil
- 3tbsp skimmed milk
- 225g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 175g gluten-free plain flour, plus 1tbsp for the topping
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 125ml maple syrup
- 3tbsp ground chia or flaxseed
- ½tsp ground nutmeg
- Zest 1 orange
- 3 eggs
- 1 x 425g can apricot halves in light syrup, drained (2tbsp syrup reserved)
- 250g extra-light soured cream
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper, extending the paper at the short sides to use as handles.
- Blend the oil, milk, flours, coconut, maple syrup, ground chia seeds or flaxseed, nutmeg, orange zest and 1 egg in a food processor or blender until combined. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake for 10 min.
- Arrange the apricots over the cake base. Whisk together the remaining eggs, reserved apricot syrup, soured cream, extra 1tbsp flour and vanilla in a bowl. Pour over the apricots. Sprinkle with cinnamon, then bake for 25–30 min until just set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 min, then chill for 2 hr or until firm. Cut into 16 squares.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
224kcal 4.8g 8.1g 2.5g 2.1g 10g 0.2g 28mg 31g 0.7mg